Oven Bake Macaroni and Cheese
This is a favorite of my kids. From time to time I substitute 8-12 oz. of the Vermont White Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese with Pepper Jack cheese instead. Makes a nice tasty twist.
- 12 oz. shredded cheddar cheese Vermont-white
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese Vermont-white
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tbls butter
- 4 tbls flour
- 4 cups noodles uncooked makes 1 lbs
- Now let’s cook it up!
- First lets start by preheating the oven to 350.
- Boil the noodles.
- Melt the butter.
- Add flour slowly to the melted butter, stir until flour balls.
- Slowly add milk and whisk.
- Add 12 oz. cheese until mixture is thick.
- Put noodles in casserole dish and pour cheese sauce over it.
- Sprinkle with 8 oz. cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour.
This dish is a good side to just about anything but can also make a great main course dish instead with the Pepper Jack Cheese twist.