Basic roast beef is a must. This is just a place to start, make sure to try other seasonings as you like. With this recipe it is a quick and simple recipe that gets you a nice roast beef.
I recommend using a cast iron pan. Once seared you can lift and place a wire rack (if you have one) in your cast iron pan and put in the oven. Less dishes, less mess!
Little gravy add is nice as well.
Basic Roast Beef
- 5 lbs beef eye of round roast Remember, it is 20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees
- 1/4 tsp Adobo
- 3 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter for searing the roast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp butter melted for gravy
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375
- Take seasonings and mixAdobo, garlic powder, salt (and pepper if desired)
- In a cast iron pan on medium add the butter and briefly stir in garlic
- Brown on the beef roast on all side
- Place beef roast on a roasting pan (on a rack in roasting pan if you have one)note: adjust time of roasting based on 20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees
- Take out once you have reached your desired level of done (rare, medium rare, shoe leather)
- Tent with tinfoil and let rest for 10-15 minutes to reach desired temp and lock in juices
- In a pan add the butter and flour over medium heat and once combined add in water. Stirring briskly
- Add pan drippings to enhance flavor for your gravy