Basic roast beef is a must. This is just a place to start, make sure to try other seasonings as you like. With this recipe it is a quick and simple recipe that gets you a nice roast beef.
I recommend using a cast iron pan. Once seared you can lift and place a wire rack (if you have one) in your cast iron pan and put in the oven. Less dishes, less mess!
Little gravy add is nice as well.
Basic Roast Beef
Ever wanted to make a roast beef but were unsure of how to get started? This is the basic's if you'd like to continue …
- 5 lbs beef eye of round roast Remember, it is 20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees
- 1/4 tsp Adobo
- 3 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter for searing the roast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp butter melted for gravy
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375
- Take seasonings and mixAdobo, garlic powder, salt (and pepper if desired)
- In a cast iron pan on medium add the butter and briefly stir in garlic
- Brown on the beef roast on all side
- Place beef roast on a roasting pan (on a rack in roasting pan if you have one)note: adjust time of roasting based on 20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees
- Take out once you have reached your desired level of done (rare, medium rare, shoe leather)
- Tent with tinfoil and let rest for 10-15 minutes to reach desired temp and lock in juices
- In a pan add the butter and flour over medium heat and once combined add in water. Stirring briskly
- Add pan drippings to enhance flavor for your gravy