Great cheesy casserole for the holidays or anytime.
- 1 pound bacon diced
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes thawed
- 9 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir bacon and onion until bacon is evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain.
4. Transfer bacon and onion to a large bowl. Stir in potatoes, eggs, Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, and Pepper Jack cheese. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
5. Bake in preheated oven until eggs are set and cheese is melted, 45 to 50 minutes.
6. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- - Try halving the bacon amount and use ground sausage instead for the other half.